Monday, March 21, 2011

Why I Like Babylon 5

There are many, many reasons why I enjoy that television show. But here are a small amount of some of the best quotes from the series. I have tried to include one that captures the epicness of all the best characters... And frankly, I'm using this as a copout because I'm so brain dead I couldn't give you more than a couple good reasons. Siiiigh. Sorry. Enjoy the quotes and wake me in the morning (or don't, let me sleep and forever be my friend):

""There comes a time when you look into the mirror and realize that what you see is all that you will ever be. Then you accept it, or you kill yourself. Or you stop looking into mirrors." ~ Londo


"It's all so brief, isn't it? Typical human lifespan is almost a hundred years, but it's barely a second compared to what's out there. It wouldn't be so bad if life didn't take so long to figure out. Seems you just start to get it right and then .. it's over."
"Doesn't matter. If we lived two hundred years, we'd still be human.We'd still make the same mistakes."
"You're a pessimist."
"I am Russian, Doctor. We understand these things." ~ Ivanova and Franklin

"That's a lie."
"Yes, it is. What's your point?" ~ Sinclair and Bester

"We do not have cats on Minbar, we have gogs."
"Gogs?"
"Gogs. Such creatures are an attempt by the universe to make sure that we never take ourselves too seriously." ~ Delenn and Sheridan

"And according to one of our units on the border of Centauri space, they've continued massing their fleet. We don't know why. Maybe they expect a counter attack, it's hard to say. And they have much to be concerned about. There's always the threat of an attack by say, a giant space dragon, the kind that leaves the sun every thirty days. It's a nuisance, but what would you expect from reptiles. Did I mention that my nose was on fire? That I have fifteen wild badgers living in my trousers? I'm sorry, would you prefer ferrets?" ~ Marcus

"What do you want?"
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?" ~ Morden and Vir

"Do you understand?"
"Zathras understand. .. No. Zathras not understand, but Zathras do." ~ Sinclair and Zathras

"Thin air? Why is it always thin air? Never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-could-stand-lose-a-few-pounds air?" ~ Garibaldi

"Captain, we're sorry. We thought you were dead."
"I was. I'm better now." ~ Drazi Ambassador and Sheridan

"Commander! Did you threaten to grab hold of this man by the collar and throw him out an airlock?"
"Yes I did."
"I'm shocked. Shocked and dismayed. I'd remind you that we are short on supplies here. We can't afford to take perfectly good clothing and throw it out into space. Always take the jacket off first, I've told you that before. Sorry, she meant to say: Stripped naked and thrown out an airlock. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused." Sheridan and Ivanova

"Raise your eyes and look at me."
"It's disrespectful."
"I can not have an aide who will not look up. You will be forever walking into things." ~ Dukhat and Delenn

"No, that was not Zathras, that was Zathras. There are 10 of us, all of family Zathras, each one named Zathras. Slight differences in how you pronounce. Zathraas, Zathras, Zathras.. You are seeing now?"
"There are ten of you?"
"Yes! Well, nine now."  ~ Zathras and Ivanova

"So from now on I guess the operational phrase is 'Trust no-one.'"
"No. Trust Ivanova, trust yourself, anybody else: shoot them."  ~ Corwin and Ivanova

"Half of EarthForce wants me to celebrate your victory and give you the Metal of Honor. The other half wants you shot. As a politician, I learn to compromise. Therefore, I should give you the Metal of Honor, and then have you shot." ~ President Luchenko

"Where is my book? It is my only copy!"
"Yes, that is precisely the point. The Kha'Ri felt that if anything happened to you, the book of G'Kar would never see the light of day, so they .. liberated it."
"Liberated it?"
"We took it home. Those that read it were very moved by it and they made some copies."
"Copies?!"
"Just a few, .. for their friends. A few more, .. later few more copies."
"How many?!"
"That's hard to say, exactly. There was some confusion when it went to the printers."
"Printers?! I've only been gone for a month, Ta'Lon, there can't be that many copies floating around this quickly. How many?"
"Five or six .. hundred .. thousand."
"What?"
"I've been told that it will out-sold the book of G'Quan. .. Congratulations, citizen G'Kar. You are now a religious icon." G'Kar and Ta'lon

 Sleep now. Talk about how pointless this is. Wake me up in the morning. Or don't. 'Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment